BRAMPTON, ONTARIO – The Brampton Beast announce today that they have signed forward Slater Doggett to an SPC for the 2020-21 season.
Doggett, 26, is coming off of a productive campaign with Sterzing/Vipiteno of the AlpsHL. The Oakville native suited up in 44 games and scored 42 goals and chipped in 44 assists for a cool 86 total points. Those 42 goals also earned him the AlpsHL Most Goals award this past season.
Brampton won’t be Doggett’s first foray into the ECHL, as the forward has gotten into games with both the Florida Everblades and the Alaska Aces in the past.
Prior to turning professional, Doggett played in the Ontario Hockey League for both the Kingston Frontenacs and the Windsor Spitfires.
He would return to Kingston a few seasons later with Queen’s University, where he had 59 goals and 124 points over the course of 103 games. He also wore an “A” in his final two seasons with the club.
Over the course of his career, Doggett has amassed some impressive hardware including the following:
- USports (OUA East) All-Rookie Team 15-16
- Universiade Bronze Medal 16-17
- USports (OUA East) Second All-Star Team 16-17
- USports (OUA East) First All-Star Team 17-18
- USports (OUA East) First All-Star Team 18-19
- USports (OUA East) Most Valuable Player 18-19
- USports (OUA East) Outstanding Student-Athlete 18-19
- USports All-Canadian Second Team 18-19
- USports Top 8 Academic All-Canadian 18-19
Beast Memberships for the upcoming 2020-21 season are now on sale! Call 905 564 1684 or follow the Beast on social media for more information!