3. Brampton Beast Secure Best Ever Holiday Break Record
The Brampton Beast are thrashing the competition this year!
Brampton is well on its way to establishing new franchise benchmarks for wins in a season, points in a season and winning percentage in what has been thus far a magical season for Canada’s lone ECHL club.
What the Beast are accomplishing during this breakout campaign is simply staggering especially when you compare their results to the 2015-16 edition of the club:
· The 2016-2017 Beast have 17 wins at the holiday break while the 2015-16 Beast only had eight.
· The 2016-2017 Beast have 37 points (17-8-1-2) at the holiday break while the 2015-16 Beast only had 19 (8-15-2-1).
· The 2016-2017 Beast have a sparkling pre-holiday team winning percentage of 0.607, while the 2015-16 Beast’s mark sat at 0.365.
· The 2016-2017 Beast have a sizzling 13-4-1-2 (0.725) record in games decided by one or two goals, while last year’s team could only manage a 4-7-2-1 (0.393) mark in close contests up until this juncture of the season.
Last year, the Beast finished their 72-game ECHL schedule with 23 wins and 57 points. As of December 23, the Beast are on pace to finish this season with twenty more wins (43) and 36 more points (93).
Here are some highlights from some great games this season! The second half of the season begins in Indiana on January 1st and in Brampton on January 6th!
Download the Beast Mobile App for FREE to get the latest news straight to your phone!
Download for and
The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the Powerade Centre this fall. Don’t miss a minute of the action! 2016-17 Memberships are now available, starting at $34.78 plus HST per month.