Brampton Beast

Brampton Beast

Proud Affiliate of

Montreal Canadiens


The Beast Report - Beast Take Two of Three Against Manchester


The Brampton Beast had a busy weekend at the Powerade Centre this past weekend but their hard work and dedication paid off as they came away with two of a possible three wins against the visiting Manchester Monarchs.


With two weekend victories in their back pockets, the Beast have now won three of their last four games and hope to add to their win total this weekend as they head to Elmira to face the Jackals on Saturday night.


Friday, November 6, 2015

Result: 4-2 W



Trevor Cann kicked out 29 saves, including 11 in an intense third period as the Brampton Beast battled hard through three periods of hockey to earn a 4-2 win over the Manchester Monarchs.


Luc Blain and Mark MacMillan each scored their first pro goals as the Beast earned back-to-back wins for the first time in the 2015-16 season.


Brampton kicked off the scoring in the opening frame as Blain caught a wide-open pass from Mike Vernace and completed the play with a great shot for his first goal as a professional at 4:31.


The resilient Monarchs didn’t give up and managed to take a 2-1 lead before the end of the opening frame. David Kolomatis and Joe Diamond lit the lamp in the latter half of the opening frame to take a lead into the first intermission.


Mathew Maione pushed his point streak to four games at 4:22 of the second frame as he managed to get his stick on a loose puck in the crease and knocked the puck along the ice and behind the goaltender to tie the game.


The game remained tied until early in the third period when Jeremie Blain one-timed a perfect pass in the high slot from Brandon Marino giving the Beast their first lead since the first period at 3:34.


MacMillan finished his solid game with an exclamation mark and added an empty-netter with 11 seconds remaining to seal the win for Brampton.


It took Brampton starter Cann just one game to earn his first win of the season as he was rock-solid all night. Late in the game, he made a flurry of saves to keep the Beast in the contest.


Manchester’s starter Michael Houser finished the night with 28 stops.


Saturday, November 7, 2015

Result: 5-1 L



Scott Howes lit the lamp for his fourth point in his last three games but the Manchester Monarchs outlasted the Brampton Beast 5-1.


The Monarchs’ Matt White scored his first two goals of the season in the first period to pace Manchester to a 2-0 lead after the opening 20 minutes and outshot the Beast 19-7.


The Beast came out flying in the second period and were rewarded for their efforts. Howes perfectly deflected a Travis Brown point shot behind Monarchs’ starter Michael Houser to tie for the team lead in goals with his third of the year at 5:24.


Manchester got the goal back later in the frame as Gasper Kopitar gathered a loose puck near the faceoff circle and sent a perfect shot over the glove hand of Beast starter Trevor Cann for his first of the season at 11:08.


Joe Diamond pushed the Monarchs’ lead to 3-1 near the halfway point of the third period.


Just a few minutes later, with the Monarchs’ Matt Mackenzie in the box for slashing, Beast Head Coach Colin Chaulk elected to pull his goaltender with plenty of time left in the game to gain a 6-on-4 power play advantage.


Unfortunately, Troy Power scored an empty-net shorthanded goal at 13:17 to end the scoring.


Brampton starter Cann was rock solid between the pipes for the second straight game for the Beast and picked up 27 saves. Houser earned the win in the Manchester net and finished the game with 23 saves.


Sunday, November 8, 2015

Result: 4-2 W



Reggie Traccitto’s first pro goal proved to be the game-winner as the Beast outlasted the Monarchs 4-2 on Sunday afternoon.


Luke Pither added three assists and Mark MacMillan chipped in with a goal and an assist to help the cause. Goaltender Trevor Cann was rock solid once again to help the Beast win their first weekend series of the season.


The Monarchs were the first to find the back of the net on Sunday as Matt White opened the scoring for the second straight game, this time at 5:56 of the first period.


The Beast would tie the game quickly on the power play at 9:34. Mark MacMillan took a pass in the slot and one-timed a quick one past Monarchs starter Colin Stevens at 9:34.


The Beast took the lead later in the period with their second power play tally of the frame as Mathew Maione took a long goalmouth pass from MacMillan and perfectly redirected the puck behind the goaltender at 12:19.


After a scoreless second frame, the Beast pushed the lead to 3-1 at the 3:56 mark of the third period. Traccitto collected the puck at the point and sent a hard wrist shot on goal that eluded everyone including the goaltender at 3:56.


The Monarchs got one back on the power play as David Kolomatis sent a hard slap shot on goal that beat Cann at 18:40.


After some tense final moments, Angelo Miceli iced the game with an empty-netter with just 0.4 seconds remaining, giving the Beast their second win in three games against the Monarchs.


Cann picked up his second win of the weekend with a 27 save night. Manchester’s Stevens was the busier of the two goaltenders and made 36 saves.


This Week


The Beast are hitting the road for the first time since October 24 and will be heading to Elmira to face the Jackals on Saturday, November 14. The road trip will be a short one as the Beast return home to the Powerade Centre one day later for a Sunday afternoon matinee against the Kalamazoo Wings. 

Search Archive »

Browse by Year »