Brampton Beast

Brampton Beast

Proud Affiliate of

Montreal Canadiens


Cann the Man backstops Beast to second straight win

Photo By: John Warren / Brampton Beast


BRAMPTON, ON – Trevor Cann kicked out 29 saves, including 11 in an intense third period as the Brampton Beast battled hard through three periods of hockey to earn a 4-2 win over the Manchester Monarchs at the Powerade Centre on Friday night.


Luc Blain netted his first pro goal and Mark MacMillan added a goal and two assists as the Beast earned back-to-back wins for the first time in the 2015-16 season.


Brampton kicked off the scoring in the opening frame as Blain caught a wide-open pass from Mike Vernace to the left of Monarchs goaltender Michael Houser and completed the play with a great shot for his first goal as a professional at 4:31.


The resilient Monarchs didn’t give up and managed to take a 2-1 lead before the end of the opening frame. David Kolomatis and Joe Diamond lit the lamp in the latter half of the opening frame to take a lead into the first intermission.


Mathew Maione pushed his point streak to four games at 4:22 of the second frame as he managed to get his stick on a loose puck in the crease and knocked the puck along the ice and behind the goaltender to tie the game.


The game remained tied until early in the third period when Jeremie Blain one-timed a perfect pass in the high slot from Brandon Marino giving the Beast their first lead since the first period at 3:34.


MacMillan finished his solid game with an exclamation mark and added an empty-netter with 11 seconds remaining to seal the win for Brampton.


It took Brampton starter Cann just one game to earn his first win of the season as he was rock-solid all night. Late in the game, he made a flurry of saves to keep the Beast in the contest.


Manchester’s Houser finished the night with 28 stops.



Notes: The Beast finished the game 1-for-4 on the power play and 1-for-2 on the penalty kill. Molson Three Stars: 3) Trevor Cann 2) Mark MacMillan 1) Luc-Olivier Blain. Chris Auger was hit in the head early in the game and did not return. His status is unknown at this time.




Search Archive »

Browse by Year »