Brampton Beast

Brampton Beast

Proud Affiliate of

Montreal Canadiens


SWISS CHALET RECAP: Fists Fly as Monarchs Top Beast

05/01/2017 7:50 PM -


MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE – The Manchester Monarchs took advantage of their hometown crowd on Monday night and jumped out to a three-goal first period lead from which the Brampton Beast couldn’t recover as they dropped Game Three of the North Division Finals 4-0 at SNHU Arena.


The scoring started at the 10:39 mark of the opening period as Quentin Shore pounced on a rebound in front of Beast starter Zach Fucale to put the Monarchs ahead by a goal.

Less than three minutes later, the Monarchs struck again as Daniel Doremus entered the Beast zone on the left wing side and sent a perfect shot on goal that got by Fucale short side, pushing the Manchester lead to 2-0 at 13:17.


The Monarchs weren’t done there. With Manchester enjoying a power play, Matt Leitner settled the puck in the high slot and sent a low, hard shot on goal that got through the crowd in front and made its way into the net at 13:58.


When the first period was all said and done, the Monarchs took their three-goal lead into the first intermission while outshooting the Beast 14-3.


The second period was a more evenly-matched frame as both teams picked up their physical play, resulting in several penalties.


The Beast found themselves down two men in the early going in the second period but hung in tough to kill the 5-on-3 advantage.


Brampton earned its own 5-on-3 advantage at the 6:40 mark as Colton Saucerman was sent to the box for four minutes for high sticking Chris Auger, but the Monarchs penalty killers stood their ground to kill it off.


The Monarchs added another goal late in the second period to extend their lead to 4-0 as Daniel Ciampini cut in with speed on the right wing side and roofed a shot into the top corner at 14:46.


The Monarchs finished the second period up by four and were outshooting the Beast 25-12 heading into the final period of play.


The Beast’s frustration boiled over late in the third period as a series of fights broke out in the latter half of the frame. Brandon Marino dropped the gloves with Colton Saucerman at 13:46 and was assessed minor penalties for both roughing and slashing.


Then just seven seconds later, things got out of hand. Everybody on the ice but Zach Fucale got involved in further altercations. When the dust settled, Mike Folkes and Mathieu Gagnon both earned fighting majors and game misconducts, with Gagnon earning the extra two minutes for instigating. Connor Crisp also earned a roughing minor on the play.


On Manchester’s end, Alexx Privatera was assessed a major penalty for fighting and goaltender Sam Brittain earned a two-minute minor for leaving his crease.


The Beast were shorthanded for the remainder of the game and managed several scoring chances while shorthanded, but couldn’t beat Brittain, who finished the game with a 25-save shutout.


NOTES: Molson Three Stars: 3) Morris (MAN) 2) Saucerman (MAN) 1) Brittain (MAN).  The Beast finished the game 0-for-5 on the man advantage and killed 5-of-6 Manchester power plays. The Beast have now lost back-to-back games for the first time this postseason. These two teams will square off in Game Four tomorrow, Tuesday, May 2 at SNHU Arena at 7:00PM.


Download the Beast Mobile App for FREE to get the latest news straight to your phone!

Download for AppStoreButton.pngandGPlayButton.png

The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the Powerade Centre next season. Don’t miss a minute of the action! 2017-18 Memberships are now available, join the club!


Search Archive »

Browse by Year »